October 29, 2007


Big Marsh
oil on canvas
40" x 40"

Now on Display at Buckhead Plaza

Downtown Buckhead is under reconstruction! While it's a bit disconcerting watching another few blocks of Old Atlanta torn down, walking there is suddenly quite easy. I still find it fun to visit the area, remembering all the things that used to be there but which still exist in memory.

I stopped by the other day to see my art on display at the Buckhead Plaza office building. There's five large abstract landscape pieces done from studies I made on Martha's Vineyard. It's really exciting to see the paintings hung in a large public space.

Earlier this year, David Nielsen of the David Gallery (365 Peachtree Hills Avenue #103, 404 661 2145) suggested I experiment with larger work. Taking his advice opened new worlds for me. Working in a large format allows me a lot of room for expression. David also introduced me to the work of Wolf Kahn. Inspired by Kahn's use of exciting color combinations, I've discovered an outlet for my lifelong passion for strong color.

I hope you'll check out the show at Buckhead Plaza (lunch at Whole Foods or Nava for a splurge) and also stop by the David Gallery to see my other more modestly-sized paintings. Give me a call and we can plan to meet there!








No comments: